In the United States, Fibromyalgia is recognized as a legitimate illness by the World Health Organization. While the validity of the illness is still questioned among some health professionals and society, we’ve come a long way in the struggle and there are now prescription meds available specifically for Fibromyalgia. In Europe, the 14 million Fibromyalgia sufferers are basically being ignored a good quality of life by their medical community and policy makers.
The European Network of Fibromyalgia Organizations is asking everyone to sign this petition to encourage European recognition of Fibromyalgia and:
- To fight against the skepticism around this disease
- To improve the quality of patients lives
- To put in place individual and interdisciplinary support programs which allow the patient to stay economically and socially independent, and further avert any form of isolation
- To ensure in-depth training of this subject in the mandatory courses of medical experts and medical professionals
- To support and assist awareness programs that will facilitate early diagnosis and early treatment, as well as access to care at any time.
- To allocate the adequate aid for scientific research against this pathology
- To put in place an EU program on the exchange of best practices of FM
Please click HERE to sign the petition!
Judith G. Howe says
It is so important for the Medical Community to accept
fibromyalgia and other cnronic diseases as real ilnesses and
not”imaginary”and “all in our minds”.