With each new year comes hope, motivation and expectations of a brighter, happier and healthier year. I have never been that great at setting new year’s resolutions and I believe it is mainly due to not wanting to fail. If I don’t set a resolution, then I don’t have to feel like a failure at the end of year. But I have also found that by not setting resolutions, I don’t accomplish as much as I could either.
I have always just hoped and worked for each new year to be healthier and to learn how to cope better with CFS, Fibromyalgia and IC Disease. I am going to try something new this year and set some resolutions. Hopefully at the end of the year I can say I accomplished most of these!
1. To learn how to eat better and to work hard at it. I am one who does not like to spend a lot of time preparing meals and I don’t like preparing one thing for me and something else for my husband and son.
2. To lose weight. This is everyone’s resolution every year, isn’t it? It always is for me and each year I am heavier. I am hoping to change the mold this year.
3. To volunteer for some worthy organizations. I want to help others so I want to find some local organizations/charities where I can donate a few hours a week.
4. To be a better me. This is something I am always striving for, to be a better me, mother and wife. I want my son to be proud that I am his mother.
5. To be more consistent with exercise. This is another area where I struggle. If I wake up and I am in a lot of pain, I don’t even attempt to exercise which just might be a cop out sometimes. I don’t want to push myself into a further flare, but I think there are days when I hurt that exercising might help it. I need to test that theory and just DO IT!
6. Work on promoting Fighting Fatigue and the Fighting Fatigue forum. I need to save some energy to further promote my mission here at Fighting Fatigue and at the forum. We need new members there so go sign up now!
What are your resolutions for the new year? I would love to hear them!
Leave a Reply