- Thank God times are changing for IC patients and the illness is starting to be more understood. But even though advances have been made, there are still a lot of women being misdiagnosed by physicians due to their lack of knowledge on IC Disease.
Illnesses that Have Similar Symptoms to IC Disease
- Vulvodynia is a chronic disorder that, described by the International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disease as chronic vulvar discomfort or pain, characterized by burning, stinging, irritation or rawness of the female genitalia. The name vulvodynia describes the main symptom of the illness – pain of the vulva.
Illnesses Similar to IC Disease: Vulvodynia
- This is a great video to watch on incontinence and it debunks many of the myths out there surrounding this often embarrassing symptom. I know from personal experience that incontinence is common among women with IC Disease but up to 50% of all women experience incontinence at least once a month.
- Endometriosis is a condition where tissue similar to the lining of the uterus (the endometrial stroma and glands), which should only be located inside the uterus, is found elsewhere in the body. Endometriosis can be found anywhere in the pelvic region or cavity.
Illnesses Similar to IC Disease: Endometriosis
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) have similar symptoms to IC Disease. What is weird in my case is that every year from the time I was a teenager up through my diagnosis of IC Disease, I would have a UTI or bladder infection once or twice a year. I have actually had so many UTIs that my body tests resistant to all antibiotics that are used to treat UTIs. Once I was diagnosed and treated for IC, I have never had another UTI since.
Illnesses Similar to IC Disease: Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
Leave a Reply