- I have two family members who are having great success with Alli, which is the first FDA approved non-prescription weight loss aid. The one family member said she only had trouble controlling her bowels twice when she ate too much fat. The other family member hasn’t suffered from any of what Alli refers to as treatment effects.
- There is limited information and data available on IC patients during pregnancy but the Interstitial Cystitis Association found the following in their 1989 study:
- IC patients were separated into groups according to symptoms pre-pregnancy: mild, moderate and severe.
- This week is IC Awareness Week and the IC Network has sent out emails to notify those of us with IC about all of the happenings going on to raise awareness during this time.
- According to the Interstitial Cystitis Association, nowadays doctors will suggest that women stop taking all but the absolutely necessary medicines while trying to get pregnant and while pregnant. It is especially important that medications are not used during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- It was another non-productive day for me as all of my chronic illnesses seemed to pile up on me at once leaving me stranded on the couch. I suffer from PMDD (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder), which is much worse than the normal PMS most women suffer from.
- Those of us with IC know that eating spicy foods, citrus, tomatoes and drinking alcohol are no nos for us unless we want to suffer from major bladder pain and an increase in other IC symptoms. I always assumed and had been told that the bladder pain caused by theseirritants was due to the digestion process chemicals produced in the urine causing bladder irritation.
The Colon Can Trigger IC Bladder Pain