The IC Network is starting a series of classes and workshops called “The Bladder Academy”. The purpose of these classes and workshops is to help IC patients learn more about the disease, treatment options, self-help strategies and other pertinent information. The monthly web classes, with phone-in options, are a great way to learn all you need to know about Interstitial Cystitis from the comfort of your home. With these online lectures and classes, IC patients will be able to learn more about the illness from Interstitial Cystitis experts. The courses will be held during the daytime hours, evenings and weekends so there will be time slots to accomodate every schedule.
Each class will be taught by a veteran instructor and will be an hour long. There will also be Q & A time at the end of each class. No computer required though you will need a computer and web connection to see the video chat. Phone in participation will also be available. Below is a list of the currently scheduled classes coming up. The classes do cost between $10 and $15, depending on the course. If you would like to participate in one or more of these classes, just click on the date and time links below and it will take you directly to the IC Network where you can register.
Newly Diagnosed Orientation
- Tuesday March 23 – 6PM PST (9PM EST) – Evening Course
- Saturday April 3 – 10AM PST (1PM EST) – Weekend Course
An In depth Review of IC Treatments
- Monday, April 5 – 6PM PST (9PM EST) – Evening Course
- Saturday April 24 – 10AM PST 9 (1PM EST) – Weekend Course
Managing IC Flares
- Wednesday, March 24 – 6PM PST (9PM EST) – Evening Course
- Saturday April 17 – 10AM PST 9 (1PM EST) – Weekend Course
Introduction to the IC Diet
- Monday, April 29 – 4PM PST (7PM EST) – Late Afternoon Course
- Monday April 29 – 6PM PST (9PM EST) – Evening Course
Meal Ideas & Planning