Taking the Caregiver Into Account is a great article for those who are taking care of chronically ill patients to read. If you are the person with the chronic illness, you should read this article also so that you can learn more about what it is like for your caregiver.
Energy, compassion and stamina dont grow on trees, yet these assets are often required to care for a person with a chronic illness. If youre caring for someone with CFS, managing your own physical, emotional and spiritual health can pay off for you and your loved one.
It is important for the caregiver to:
- Invest inyour physical well-being
- Take stock of your emotional well-being
- Don’t shortchange your spiritual well-being
- Take care of yourself
- Create quite time for yourself
- Make time for yourself
- Reflect on the good
- Communicate your thoughts and feelings
- Treat your loved one with respect
- Seek professional help