Monday is CFS Awareness Day and you can take part by participating in the CFIDS Association 5th Annual Virtual Lobby Day. Join thousands of advocates taking action to build a stronger federal response to CFS. In less than 30 minutes you can write to your U.S. senators, the secretary of health, your representative in the House of Representatives, CDC Director Dr. Julie Gerberding and NIH Director Dr. Elias Zerhouni. Last year more than 6,000 messages were sent by Virtual Lobby Day participants.
There are five different activities that you can complete on the GrassRoots Action Center website. These include:
- Action Item # 1 – Inform your senators about the CFS briefing on Thursday
- Action Item #2 – Urge the Secretary of Health to act on recommendations
- Action Item #3 – Write to the U.S. Representative elected by your community
- Action Item #4 – Hold the directors of the NIH and CDC accountable for CFS funding
- Action Item #5 – Ask your local media to raise awareness