My Final Week Off Work & Recovery

It’s hard to believe it’s been almost two weeks since my surgery and while the beginning stages of my recovery were going slowly, I am finally starting to feel better.  I still have some pain when I walk and I notice first thing in the morning I have a lot of pain.  As the day progresses, however, it seems to ease up.  This is my last week I will be off work and I’m nervous about going back on Sunday.  I’m afraid my first shift back will be a six-hour shift and that normally is too much for me.  With it being my first day back to work, I’m afraid I will have a lot of problems.  I have told my boss several times that I can’t work anymore than 4 hour shifts but he keeps scheduling me for six-hour shifts on the weekends.  I go to my family doctor tomorrow for a check-up so I’m going to have her write me a doctor’s note saying I am limited to four hours.  They will have to listen then.

My sleeping is still an issue and I am averaging maybe 3 – 4 hours a night.  I am very sleep deprived and I can’t concentrate very well.  This is something else I have to discuss with the doctor tomorrow also.

If you liked this article, please share.
Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on StumbleUpon0Email this to someone


  1. Recovering from any surgery is a lot tougher with fibromyalgia. I take five weeks to recover from surgeries. Defiantly get a doctor’s note and make your boss give you part time hours to start with.

    Take care,

  2. I just started taking melatonin again for my sleep problems after not taking it for over 10 years. It’s working great so far. I am having some sleep walking and eating problems, and I keep falling asleep curled up in a ball of pain with my head against the dresser next to my bed which causes a painful bump after the dent goes away. I’ve tried to sleep on the other side or other positions, but I always end up in the same position each night.
    Hope you’re feeling better and healing soon. I also hope you get that Drs note. I know when I worked I had to have a Drs note saying that I had to use the bathroom a certain amt of times per day, and it took me a certain amt of tme to go. It worked well until I fell asleep in there once. I don’t work there anymore..
    Take Care,

Join the Discussion.

We'd love to hear from you - leave a comment below