My birthday is coming up on Sunday, 6/24. I will be 38 years old and the closer I get to 40 the more depressed I get. Turning 30 for me was hard also. I keep teasing everyone saying that I will be celebrating my 9th – 29th birthday!
My husband, who is 22 years older than me, keeps making a joke telling me that when I hit 40 he will have to trade me in on two 20 year olds! He would never be able to handle it! We joke about our age difference all of the time and we have fun with it.
It just doesn’t seem possible that I will be 38 and that it has been 20 years since I graduated from high school. I still feel like that same young, ambitious woman on the inside.
I know – 38 is not old. To many I’m still a “kid”. You know what – I’m not going to let this drag me down! There are some great things that come with getting older:
– I have more self-confidence than when I was younger
– I feel settled and content
– I have a beautiful family
– As I get older, I feel closer to my parents and siblings
– In another 12 years, I will be able to get cheaper meals in restaurants!